Clean Water Crisis
- 76 Millon People in India don't have access to clean drinking water.
- One child dies in 15 second due to poor water and sanitation related diseases.
- 60 thousand children die every year from diarrhoea caused by contaminated water and poor sanitation in India.
- In India over One Lakh People die of waterborne diseases annually. The country faces huge challenges in ensuring clean water supply.
- Poor Water, Sanitation & Hygiene(WASH) Practice causes waterborne diseases that leads to malnutraition/stunting.
- 774 Millon people in India don't have household toilets in India.
- 44 Percent of the total population in India still defecate in open
- 1 litre of waste water pollutes 8 litres of fresh water.
- Blackwater, Graywater, Stormwater, Industrial wastewater without proper treatment connected to rivers resulted fresh water contamination.
- Climate Change is an acute threat to global development and efforts to end poverty. Without urgent action, climate impacts could push an additional 100 million people into poverty by 2030.
- Disaster puts development into risk.
- Building Disaster resilience is critical in achiving the goal of extreme poverty.